Skip to main content

Dear Male Chauvinists...




“So tell me gentleman, tell me the time and place where it was easy to be a woman.” 
                                                                                            ― Andrew Sean GreerThe Impossible Lives of Greta Wells

The world is changing with a high pace. Its moving towards being much modern, contemporary, liberal and a tougher much better place to survive live. But then, so much said and so much written, the question is are we, as well moving with the world? Are we able to give an equal pace to our thinking as well? Are we able to match up with the speed of the changing world?

I guess no!

This comparison may be applicable to many things. But then, I only have one thing in my head for now and I have no intention to digress from it. And that one thing is: Have we been able to accept women being a equal part of men's world? Have we? Oh yes! Its an old topic. Discussed again and again... Rotten... Boring... Monotonous... Wait! Are you yawning? Just by listening to the words "equal" and "women" again, yet again.

But the truth is what so ever we do, how so ever decayed and decomposed this topic gets, we cannot turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to it! Atleast, we women can't. Because, we have to face this weird, unpleasant and awkward moment in our lives many times, that force us to realize that Oh well, we are women and we are not made for suppose to be doing certain things!

I am sure every woman: women in business, working women, women entrepreneurs, housewives, yes, almost all women, at one or the other point of time have to encounter this orthodox thinking. And being a woman, I feel it, I see it and I am forced to accept it at times. I am not generalizing anything, because I am fortunate enough to be friends with many men who respect a woman's freedom and independence of choosing the way they want to live, but then I can't deny the fact that I even know men, who gives a stare to any woman who works, who tries to cross the perimeter that a woman is supposed to confined to.

No, I am not trying to play the role of a poor woman. Definitely not! Just want to give a small message to all those, who still have a male chauvinist hidden somewhere inside them.

Yes, I am a woman! and I am proud of that...
Yes, I am a woman and I do have a brain of my own... And I use it... Rather I love using it...
I do cry at small things but it certainly does not mean that I am weak, I am not Sir!
I do feel tired at times, but it certainly does not infer that I am frail. Oh well, I am not...
At times, I might even give an impression that I have surrendered, but thats just because I do care for others' feelings, more than my well- being. You see its imbibed in us by nature
I might choose to be silent at times, but that does not mean I am dumb!
I might act and think irrational at times, but that does not mean I lack practical wisdom
I might need your support sometimes, but that does not make me helpless
I might sound too emotional at times, but that does not imply that I cant be assertive
I might not look strong at times, but that does not mean I am scared of anything

God has granted us: women with immense amount of strengths, but the problem is these strengths are considered to be our weaknesses!

P.S: The bigger problem is we are hard wired with too many strengths...
PS.S Far too many strengths!

Keep smiling and just, chill and enjoy being a woman:) 

Comments

  1. Male chauvinism actually in our own society, our families we need to curb it.
    I loved the way u write. Keep penning :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Commenting is Sexy! Do let me know what you think about this post :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Brontë ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make