Skip to main content

Conjuring the devils

Got to watch The Conjuring last night and must say it is really one of the scariest movies I have ever seen!! Guess, scary is a word that is too tiny to be used to describe this movie. Its super frightening, terrifying!

The horror scenes not only haunts you at night but they doesn't even leave you in the daytime. Believe me... I like the way all the usual fears related to supernatural things, that almost everyone face have been used in the movie: like we all, I guess at times get scared of thinking that somebody is behind us, watching us and ready to grab us... Ooopppssss... and the fear that somebody is there under the bed is one thing that bothers everyone:) And the one that somebody might pull your leg while sleeping and all that... The way these typical fears have been demonstrated in this movie is just mind blowing:) Many scenes can give you  goosebumps. So, beware while watching this movie.

However, this post is really not about the movie review. Its about a thought that struck my mind when I got to know that its a true story. Well, that what the makers of this movie are claiming. Knowledge of this thing dragged me into the well of a very weird thought. If ghosts/spirits really do exist and they are so much powerful and so much capable of disturbing somebody's life to an extent that it completely becomes wretched and miserable, then why don't spirit of girls who gets raped come back and revenge their rapist! I wish... I so much wish this could happen and this could have been true... I just took this example here as these days stories of  this crime have become so regular. Rapes have become common and rapists: ubiquitous. Almost every day a case is revealed and its happening in every corner of the country! .. Sometimes, I wonder if a day will come when we all will become used to listening to these stories so much so that we will become immune to them and further cases will not make any difference to us.  Even the cycle of these cases are so well defined. A case happens, it becomes headlines, there is a hype and gradually, the case gets dumped into old files. There are exceptions where the rapists are seriously punished  and that too within a year as it happened recently in Nirbhaya case. But for such exceptions to happen, we need a case like nirbhaya to happen... The sacrifice of a poor girl's life is required in our country to pass quivers within the whole nation. Sad...

If spirits are really there, then why don't the spirits of these people come back and take their revenge from the culprits. Who can give more horrifying, actually justifying punishment to a culprit other than the victim itself. I wish... I wish... I so much wish it was true!!! Nobody could have ever dared to commit such horrendous crime against women.

Few days back, when Mumbai case happened, I got so much disturbed that I wrote few lines on how I feel being a daughter and how my parents would feel. Infact I have 2 sisters who daily travel to around 15 kms to college and they travel every weekend to our native town, I just cannot define the extent of panic that I go through till the time they are in travel. I keep on calling them to make sure they are fine. And just can't rest, till they reach their PG or home. I cannot even imagine what parents of young girls would go through daily when their daughters leave for schools, colleges, jobs... Its indescribable...

I am a daughter,
Daughter who became a burden to her dad,
Not because he can't afford to raise me,
But because he cannot save me,
Save me from the lustful eyes of strangers,
Save me from their cruel intentions,
Save me from those who are ready,
Ready to rip my soul apart,
Ready to slit my innocent heart...
I am a daughter,
Daughter to a dad,
Who feels completely helpless,
To save his little love,
From those merciless and evil devils,
Who are roving around everywhere,
In chance of getting someone to chase,
Chase and then to take her innocence away,
Who turn blind in their craving,
Craving to have a woman without her compliance...
I am a daughter,
A daughter to a mother,
Who is unable to sleep,
Who is unable to breath,
Who is unable to rest,
Who is unable to relax,
Till she takes me in her safe arms,
Till she gets assured that I am back,
A mother who goes through the same struggle every day,
In thinking about me: her little angel,
If I will be safe, going away from her...
Where is the end to this stress?
When will this struggle last?
When will my parents sleep serenely,
When will they live peacefully,
When will they be assured,
That their daughter will be safe,
Where ever she goes, even if its late,
Who is going to end this stress,
Stress that is killing every dad,
Who feels guilty for not able to protect their angels,
From the brutal intentions of the demons in disguise...

I pray a day comes, when we women will be able to roam around freely, as we wish, without any fears, any worries. I wish someday sisters like me do not have to worry about their siblings to reach home safely from college to their PGs, I wish someday all the parents would sleep without worrying about if their daughter is safe outside the premises of their homes...

I wish that day soon arrives...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make