Skip to main content

Dreams...


“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” 
― Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist

Dreams... They make you... They destroy you... They define you!

I have been a dreamer all through my life! I always describe myself as a daydream believer and a midnight dreamer! That's what I am... My dreams comprises of all the categories: insane, sane, stupid, logical, impossible, achievable, crazy, sensible, practical, unfeasible!

But yes, I never abandoned dreaming. Its been into me and with me since I was born...

I at times, would be sitting somewhere with eyes opened, staring at something and then, gradually getting dragged into the ocean of dreams automatically! Yes, I have even been caught staring at people at times! *bad bad*... I actually wasn't staring but was lost in my own dream world! That's why I call myself little lost and crazy!

“People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.” 
― Neil Gaiman

Even while sleeping, my mind is just busy in weaving beautiful dreams. While sleeping, my dreams get played like some back to back movies! And so, whether its day or night, I am always surrounded by my dreams! I wish I could make my life fly high like a kite into the sky of dreams...

Yesterday, I was just thinking of my dreams, the ones I really want to fulfill before going to death bed! And I realized there are still millions of them pending, some practical and some non realistic, some very small and few big ones! Few of them are the ones I am listing below:

1. I, one day want to fly... Fly like a bird: with freedom and liberty! Yes, this one comes under the category of insane dreams!

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?” 
― John Lennon

2. I want to travel the whole world. I want to see, feel, experience and live all kind of cultures in the world. Believe me, different cultures is one thing that fascinates me so much! I feel like living them all... yes, all...

3. I have a list of uncountable things that I want to learn before angels ask me to fly. Some of them being sketching, painting, swimming, playing guitar, learning bharatanatyam and the list goes on and on guys

4. I want to read... Read a lot... Read all the good stuff that's available in all the libraries of the world.

5. I want to write. Write more, write better and write frequently

6. I always dream myself to be a very satisfied person while stepping into my grave! I should be able to look back at my life and smile and then, declare "Yes! I made it! I am taking bundles of happiness and ample of memories!"

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 
― H. Jackson Brown Jr.

7. I want to have a home filled with 100's of children. Children of all ages: shouting, screaming, smiling, laughing, jumping, spoiling everything around.

8. I want to just and just keep people around me happy. I love it when they smile... I love it when they are happy

9. I want to fill my life with good people

10. I always dream of becoming one of those stars high in the sky one day, a star closest to the moon. And then, me and moon would observe the whole world from there and would, then gossip about every damn thing!

These are just a part of things that I dream of, that I generally visualize myself doing! There are many many others... But most of them are the ones that would fail to get categorized under the sane genre as per many people's dictionary. They would call them insane! And so, guess its better for me to keep them hidden somewhere within me!

My life is truly a pocketful of dreams! I am nothing without them..

O dreams, dear dreams...
Don't ever leave me...
For what am I without you?
What is the meaning of my being?
You are the ones that make me...
You are the ones that create me...
You are the ones that define me...
For, you are the ones that would destroy me!
Without you, I am like:
a kite without thread,
and a bird without wings...
a river without water,
and a cloud without rain...
a rainbow without colors,
and a temple without God...
But with you residing in my eyes,
I am like a stone with soul...

Comments

Post a Comment

Commenting is Sexy! Do let me know what you think about this post :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Brontë ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make